Thursday 19 March 2015

Intensive Natural Skin Care Routine For Damaged skin

Intensive Skin Care Routine

I have developed a totally new skin care regimen. Using facial masks which I never did before. I researched about healthy DIY masks with natural ingredients. Now my routine looks like this..

Note: this is not a daily skin care routine, this routine could be used on a short term basis to treat a severely damaged skin. It is quite intensive and time consuming.
Before Bed routine:
Wash the face briefly with the Mint Julep Facial Scrub,  without leaving it on for a second, it washes out the  surface impurities leaving a clean face to start with. 
then apply the turmeric/chickpea flour/milk and honey mask on face and neck. Equal amount of turmeric and chickpea flour with just enough honey to make it a firm paste. The milk makes it a little more creamy than slimy.  
Leave the mask on to dry out which takes about 45 minutes. If you are dark skinned,  it could be left longer because we have thicker skin layers. After it dries, step into the shower and wash it off with lukewarm water making sure to wash out all residues on the basin as turmeric could stain! 
Step out of the shower and first gently pat the face dry with a clean towel and then the rest of the body. 
Next, wet a cotton pad with a little amount of  fresh lemon juice (this can be stored in an airtight container in your fridge or bathroom cabinet for a week). Clean the  face using the lemon juice.  This will thoroughly cleanse all the yellowish/orange residual colour of the turmeric.  
It stings a bit but only temporarily. Lemon juice contains citric acid which could serve as a great toner and reduces the appearance of the facial pores thereby reducing the chances of the pores getting clogged. the face usually feels very smooth and soft after this. 
Leave the lemon  on to dry about one or two minutes before applying any moisturiser for sensitive skin.  

Morning routine: 
As mention earlier in my post, I totally stopped the use of the Otentika C15 serum on any part of my skin and since then, no new pimple sprouting, I guess the cellulose and Oleth in the Serum couldn't make friends with my skin. 
First rinse the face with Luke-warm water to open up the pores and then dab a little amount of baking soda (bicarbonate of sodium) as a scrub for about one to two minutes and then rinse off with cold water to further tighten the pores. Lemon skin toner can be used at this point if not used at night. The advise is to the Lemon toner once a day. this is followed up with a moisturising sun screen.
At this point,  my skin is showing drastic improvement.  Since I started this regimen,  I haven't had any new black heads or Zits sprouting and the enormous scares caused by my previous breakouts are fading so fast. 
It is quite impressive that the simple edible things we have in our kitchen would work wonders more than all these chemical sweet smelling products we buy on high street stores.  My face looks amazing. The texture, the look, the colour,  absolutely amazing! 
It is barely two weeks I started this new all natural DIY regimen and I am already seeing unbelievable results. Presently,  I am on an intensive care phase since the breakout.  After my skin recovers and the scars and spots disappear,  I should be using the mask only once in two weeks depending on the need of my skin. 
My goal is to achieve a flawless or at least close to flawless and healthier skin using mainly natural ingredients. 
After all, I am nicer when my skin looks good..



 

No comments:

Post a Comment